When Jeff first took on the challenge of running for the Oregon State Legislature, one of the reasons was because he wanted to build a better education system for his young children. And as the first in his family to go to college, Jeff knows that affordable access to higher education is critical to the success of the middle class.
Education is a major factor in determining whether our children and our nation succeed in today’s increasingly competitive global economy. As a country, we need to do a better job of supporting teachers, giving them the resources they need to provide the best possible environment for teaching our children, and ensuring that no capable student has to give up his or her dreams of higher education because of a lack of affordability.
- UHS robotics team gets a visit from Sen. Jeff Merkley
- My college degree is worthless
- Military spouses gain new education benefits as VA implements Merkley legislation
- An open door
- Senator Merkley Pushes for a Bill to Reduce Student Debt
Merkley Holds Hearing on Economic Challenges Facing Young Workers and Recent Grads
- Merkley Holds Hearing on Economic Challenges Facing Young Workers and Recent Grads