Jeff believes access to quality, affordable health care is not a privilege, but a human right. Jeff’s perspective on health care has been influenced by his wife, Mary, a registered nurse, who sees the world through the eyes of her patients: the people who should be at the heart of our health care system.
Throughout his career, Jeff has fought to expand access to quality, affordable health care coverage. As Speaker of the Oregon House, Jeff lowered prescription drug prices by expanding the state’s bulk purchasing program and fought to expand and improve children’s health care coverage. Jeff continues working to improve health care quality and coverage for all Oregonians in the U.S. Senate.
- Merkley Announces Funding to Improve Oregon Health Centers
- Lawmakers must crack down on toxic chemicals: Guest opinion
Merkley on Medicare: Let’s keep this covenant with our seniors
- Merkley Stands with Health Professionals to Demand Immediate Safeguards for Families’ and Children’s Health
- Merkley Introduces New Legislation to Protect Families’ and Children’s Health
- Merkley and Women’s Groups Call for Congress to Keep Bosses out of Employees’ Health Care Decisions
- Following Senate Vote, Merkley Vows to Keep Fighting for Women’s Health Care