Protecting Consumers, Taxpayers, and the Economy
Jeff is fighting to fix our broken financial system and make it work for middle-class families and small businesses again. Jeff is passionate about consumer protection and making sure that ordinary families are protected against scams and predatory schemes that threaten their pocketbooks. He led the fight in Oregon to take on the predatory payday lenders. In the U.S. Senate, he's fought to create and strengthen the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the first-ever federal agency with the sole mission of looking out for consumers in their everyday financial transactions.
- PROFILE-Oregon lawmaker will not let Fed forget to tackle commodities
- Merkley Slams Republican Filibuster of Bring Jobs Home Act
- Senators Call on SEC to Get the Job Done on Key, Unfinished Crisis-Era Reforms
- Merkley Stands with Health Professionals to Demand Immediate Safeguards for Families’ and Children’s Health
- Merkley Introduces New Legislation to Protect Families’ and Children’s Health
- Merkley Celebrates Three Year Anniversary of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Merkley, Baldwin to GAO: Do Trade Agreements Undermine “Buy American” Manufacturing Policy?