We Must Free America From Overseas Oil
Senator Merkley announced the introduction of the Oil Independence for a Stronger America Act, which will set into law the goal of achieving independence from overseas oil in the next 20 years and provides a specific plan for achieving it.
The Bluegrass Boondoggle
Senator Merkley spoke on the floor about the Bluegrass Boondoggle, a tax subsidy for millionaires and billionaires who own racehorses.
Our National Guardsmen and Guardswomen Deserve Our Support
Senator Merkley rose to the floor to speak out against the treatment of PFC Chelsea Wells of Milton-Freewater, who enlisted in Dec. 2007 and signed a contract for a $20,000 MOS bonus. The first half of the bonus was paid on time following her initial training. However, when she was due to receive the second half of her bonus in Dec. 2010, the Guard refused to pay, claiming that she was never qualified in the first place. Worse yet, the Guard said it intends to seek recoupment of the first half of the bonus.
The Consequences of Default
Senator Merkley spoke on the floor about the consequences of defaulting on working families.
- 04.11.13 Senator Merkley Speaks Out Against "Chained CPI" »
- 02.12.13 Merkley Audio Response to the State of the Union »
- 12.19.12 Merkley White Board: Its time to Reform the Senate with a Talking Filibuster »
- 07.25.12 Senator Merkley Announces New Plan to Help Underwater Homeowners »
- 05.11.12 Merkley Levin Conference Call on J.P. Morgan's Trading Losses »
- 04.19.12 Merkley: We Must Save Oregon's Rural Post Offices »
- 03.27.12 Merkley Conference Call on Rural Post Offices »
- 02.29.12 Merkley: Stop Attacking Women's Health Care »
- 02.15.12 Merkley: The Federal Government Must Keep Their Commitment to Oregon's Rural Counties »
- 02.01.12 We Must Strengthen the STOCK Act »