Merkley Holds Hearing on Economic Challenges Facing Young Workers and Recent Grads
Oregon's Senator Jeff Merkley, the Chair of the Senate Banking Committee's Subcommittee on Economic Policy, held a hearing on June 24, 2014, on the economic challenges facing young workers and recent high school and college graduates. The hearing, titled "Dreams Deferred: Young Workers & Recent Grads in U.S. Economy," focused on key areas of concern for young people entering the workplace, such as unemployment, underemployment, and student debt.
Merkley: Let's Lower the Burden of Student Debt
Oregon's Senator Jeff Merkley addressed the Senate on June 4, 2014, on making college more affordable and solving the crisis of ballooning student debt.
Merkley: Washington Must Focus on Manufacturing
Oregon's Senator Jeff Merkley says its time for Washington to focus on manufacturing and help to create living wage jobs.
Senator Merkley Speaks Out Against "Chained CPI"
In an interview with Chris Hayes on MSNBC, Oregon's Senator voiced his disagreement with the President's proposal to use a new cost of living adjustment that will cut benefits for seniors on Social Security.
- 06.26.14 Merkley Holds Hearing on Economic Challenges Facing Young Workers and Recent Grads »
- 06.04.14 Merkley: Let's Lower the Burden of Student Debt »
- 01.28.14 Merkley Audio Response to the State of the Union »
- 01.07.14 Merkley: We Must Fix Military Retiree Cuts »
- 10.29.13 Merkley: Washington Must Focus on Manufacturing »
- 09.30.13 Merkley: House Republicans -- Stop Playing Political Games »
- 04.11.13 Senator Merkley Speaks Out Against "Chained CPI" »
- 02.12.13 Merkley Audio Response to the State of the Union »
- 07.25.12 Senator Merkley Announces New Plan to Help Underwater Homeowners »
- 05.11.12 Merkley Levin Conference Call on J.P. Morgan's Trading Losses »