Jeff believes access to quality, affordable health care is not a privilege, but a human right. Jeff’s perspective on health care has been influenced by his wife, Mary, a registered nurse, who sees the world through the eyes of her patients: the people who should be at the heart of our health care system.
Throughout his career, Jeff has fought to expand access to quality, affordable health care coverage. As Speaker of the Oregon House, Jeff lowered prescription drug prices by expanding the state’s bulk purchasing program and fought to expand and improve children’s health care coverage. Jeff continues working to improve health care quality and coverage for all Oregonians in the U.S. Senate.
- Wyden and Merkley Cheer Federal Dollars to Help Health Providers Through COVID Surge
- Wyden, Merkley: La Clinica to Receive $123,792 Federal Telehealth Grant for COVID Services
- Merkley, Wyden Announce Over $39 Million in Federal Funds to Boost Substance Abuse Treatment and Prevention, Mental Health Services In Oregon
- Wyden, Merkley Support Title X Rule to Reverse the Trump Administration’s Gag Rule
- Merkley, Wicker, Johnson, Joyce Introduce Bipartisan, Bicameral Resolution to Recognize National Nurses Week
- As White House Prepares Health Care Push, Merkley, Welch Introduce Bill to End Prescription Drugs Price Gouging, Help Ensure Americans Can Get the Medicines They Need
- Wyden, Merkley Reintroduce Bill to Allow VA to Prescribe Medical Marijuana to Veterans