Honoring our Veterans
Our veterans have served their country with honor and deserve the utmost respect from our nation for their sacrifice. Veterans and their families have put America’s security before their own, and we have a responsibility to ensure that our service members have the tools and training to complete their missions when they leave our shores for duty, as well as the resources they need to stay healthy and financially secure when they return home.
Jeff has been a leader in Oregon to expand educational opportunities and improve medical services for our veterans. He is dedicated to working in the U.S. Senate on behalf of brave men and women who have given so much to serve their country. They have stood up for us, and now we must stand up for them.
- Following Institute of Medicine Study Confirming Agent Orange Exposure, Bipartisan Group of Senators Calls on VA Secretary to Ensure Post Vietnam Air Force Veterans Receive Proper Benefits and Compensation
- Senators call for VA benefits for post-Vietnam vets exposed to Agent Orange
- Military spouses gain new education benefits as VA implements Merkley legislation
- Two Oregon nonprofits awarded a combined $9 million to battle homelessness among veterans
- Merkley Announces $9 Million in Federal Grants for Homeless Veterans in Oregon
- Beaverton Navy veteran Robert Thornhill to see his GI Bill enhancement become federal law
- Congress Passes Merkley Bill in Veterans Compromise